Naxos day 2

This place has some views. Stunningly beautiful. Unfortunately it's quite the ride. The mountains here are steep so the roads curve a lot. And tightly. It's real fun driving for hours around sharp curves where you can't see incoming traffic, on roads full of potholes and fearless drivers, on a vehicle with no safety measures, and a steep cliff on one side and a steep mountain on the other. But I didn't die so that was nice. And I got to see some incredible views which was also nice. After finding the even bigger abandoned kouros, I continued down the other side of the island. Just as harrowing a ride if you're curious. There's a 25ish km road along the coast on the other side of the island. Nice and straight. Close to no traffic. I drove up and down that just enjoying the breeze and views. Eventually I sat on some secluded beach and ate an entire loaf of bread soaked in some fantastic olive oil. I do not regret eating an entire loaf of bread in one sitting. It was delicious. At this point I decided to work my way back to the capital. I don't trust myself on these roads at night. I can barely navigate them during the day. This proved to be a good idea as it took me around 3.5 hours to get back. I got hella lost. And I still think I took the most direct route. I passed some caves I want to see tomorrow. Once I was back in the general area if my hotel, I drove up the other coast. Definitely prefer the east coast views and beaches, but the west coast has all the human activity, like towns bigger than 10 buildings... Naxos is my favorite island so far. It's awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Copenhagen day 3

Mt. Zeus

Paros Pics