Santorini day 2

Renting an ATV on the Greek islands is totally the way to go. You can see so much more, get around easily, and they're really fun to drive too. I went to the east coast today. Relaxed on a beach for a while. The airport was next to the beach and two planes came in for landing while I was there. I could have hit them had I thrown a rock towards them. After that I went to some Santorini history museum that had legit artifacts from Santorini from the 15-19 centuries. Manuscripts, etchings of maps, photos, newspaper clippings. It was hidden away in a back street and the lady working the desk was super excited to have someone come in. She gave a spiel about the history if the house it was in, walked me around the first floor a bit to show me what things were. It was great. Then I once again watched the sunset but from Fira instead of Oia. Had some fantastic food and baklava for dessert. Then I came back to the hostel and went to bed. Santorini is nice but super touristy, kinda like a big shopping mall or strip mall in the two big cities and tons of bars along the shore. Beautiful views, but incredibly touristy. I'm leaving tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Copenhagen day 3

Mt. Zeus

Paros Pics